Monday, May 12, 2008

Need = no. Want = yes.

I have these dishes.

When I got them, I loooooved them.
Actually I still do, they're a really great red.

But with the warmer weather, I want something lighter. And one downside...the dinner plates are SO big, they don't fit in my kitchen cabinets.

I thought about all white....but that's too boring for me.

Then I saw these in a commercial....

and these....

these...


and these.

The commercial swears you can drop them and they won't break. Sadly this is a feature I need.

They are all by Corelle...but there's SO many great patterns out there it'll be a tough decision.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Passed by your blog, I have corelle dishes and they are resilient. They do break though, and when they do, they shatter. It takes a lot I still have most of my first set, now 15 years old I believe. They are good dishes to invest in.

me again said...

I have a set of Corelle I bought in, really, 1977. Yes, I'm that old :-) Mine is that pattern with the funky green daisies all 'round the edge. Up until about 15 years ago, they were my everyday dishes, now they're backup dishes, although I still use the serving platter and serving bowls regularly, and sometimes the dinner plates and soup/cereal bowls. And in all these years, only one cereal bowl has broken. The stuff is pretty sturdy. I say, go for it!

Anya said...

My vote is for the first or third choices.

And Corelle's new materials do actually make them even more stronger than the versions from the 70's (which has lasted my mother since I was born) - and also hence why we are FOREVER stuck with that hideous green flower set HRabbit's mother gave us. I really do hate that set...