Friday, January 18, 2013

Color Change

I moved into my apartment 5-ish years ago and immediately painted the living room walls and kitchen cabinets.  The cabinets got a coat of creamy white, while the living room and hallway were painted a blue called "Lake Crest".

I liked the color once it was up, but I didn't love it.  In bright light it almost seemed too blue (if that makes sense).  But I lived with it and made it work.

I've been wanting to make a change for a while but wasn't sure what color palette I wanted to go with.  So I headed to Designer Fabrics to see what colors I was drawn to.  

It didn't take long before I picked out these fabrics.


And it wasn't long before I made these throw pillows.


So narrowing down my paint color became so much easier.  Painting hasn't happened yet but I'm going to go with a grey purple called "Magical Twilight".


There are SO many things I'd like to do to my apartment but for now I have to settle for planning things out...which is almost just as fun!

What projects are you working on? Dreaming about?

No comments: