Saturday, April 28, 2007

Snapshot Saturday

In the interest of having something to blog about each and every day I thought I'd put all the photo sorting I've done lately to good use. Each Saturday I'll post a picture that's a blast from my past and write about a memory that goes along with it.


As a kid we spent some time each summer down in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My family along with aunt, uncles and cousins would pile into numerous cars and vans and make the LONG journey from Toronto down to the beach.

My brother and I (shown in this picture) had a blast. Unlimited access to a heated pool and ocean was almost too much to handle. We had these small inflatable rafts (printed with the Rebel flag) and would spend hours riding wave after wave up to the beach.

I remember the midway, the boardwalk and that the older kids went "cruising" at night. I also remember their parents made them take us one night and I can only imagine how much we cramped their style.
We're the youngest cousins in the family so getting to hang out with our older cousins made us feel pretty cool.

I would really love to go back one day. Maybe not so much for the cruising, but that wave riding would still be pretty fun.

______________________________

I'm grateful...
1. for happy childhood memories
2. we have a cozy couch to watch my favorite movie on
3. for a clear sky so I could see the (almost) full moon

No comments: