I don't feel "old" too often, but hearing that its the 20th Anniversary of the movie Dirty Dancing kinda made me cringe a little bit.
I admit it, I had the cut off jean shorts and the white collared shirt tied at the front. Ok, I was about 12 at the time so I didn't actually fill it out...but I thought I looked cute. (though I'm grateful there isn't photographic evidence to contradict this)
But all that is forgotten when I realized that the 20th Anniversary means:
- the movie is being re-released in theatres May 1st & 2nd
- there is special DVD release (with bonus footage) coming out May 8th
- and I have my tickets already for the musical in November
And to keep the Dirty Dancing fest going, this video on YouTube is extremely cute!
1. for the opportunity to reconnect with old friends
2. that it didn't rain too hard when I went to pick up some food
3. that my guy did great on his exams