Saturday, February 9, 2013

The light

Thankfully that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel was not a fast-moving train after all.  It was a close call on several occasions but I survived two and a half years of temp work and soul-sucking unemployment.  Yesterday I was finally the top candidate for a position and got the job.  I start Monday.


Every few months I've wondered if I would have to give notice on my apartment and move out.  I worried about keeping my phone going.  I worried about buying groceries.  It was exhausting.

Yesterday, after getting the good news, every ounce of stress I've felt came leaking out of my eyes.  I just let the tears fall and even laughed a bit through them.  Laughter has always kept me sane.

So not too long from now I'll have enough in the budget for what I need, and a little in the budget for some fun...some crafts...and LOTS of bubble bars from Lush. I can't wait.

1 comment:

CeCe said...

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. You deserve every bit of happiness there is in the world...along with lots of LUSH bubble bars. xoxo